Friday, November 26, 2010

Apre-See-A-SON

I remember how joyfully my sister and I used to run to the entrance doors of [THE] PONDEROSA/BONANZA [steakhouse(s)] or RED LOBSTER [seafood] restaurants...where I would undoubtedly order a hamburger and fries. ;-)
 

[Hey...to me, at that age...that was practical and my cool "eating-out" food.   Practical, because I could get my parents to pay for [what is still] my all-time favorite meal...[although now it is turkey meat]..and a toy, too boot!!!]

I remember the PRIDE in my FATHER's stride 
...[behind us].  
I have thought often how his chest was always poked out 
Now
I understand and appreciate that posture:

PROTECTIVE
looking out for Crazies (cause my sister and I weren't, while my Mom mentally mapped out her Post-meal SHOPPING at the mall!!!)

PROUD
to be able to take HIS FAMILY out to dinner...HE EARNED THAT!!!

I get it.



MERCI BEAUCOUPE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment