Thursday, April 18, 2013

AURAL FIXATION...




SMART ART...


Here is the thing about this young man...and his BRETHREN...THEY LISTENED!  I love it.  This speaks to me in the same vein as FIRE NEXT TIME.  I am astounded by the lyricism both of the artist and in the production.  He speaks in the language of the day...to his peers...but something about the tone let's you know he wants us ALL to HEAR.  
AND FLOW... Not since SNOOP have I been so dazzled!  Sure there are folks that have mastered the ART of RAPPING, but it is the rare few that have an INNATE FLOW.  RAKIM, SLICK RICK, TIP, BUTTERFLY, SNOOP and now KENDRICK.  It is EFFORTLESS and you can feel it.  I VIBE THAT.  

He is doing this BECAUSE...He/IT IS.

I get excited when I hear...feel...vibe ART like this.  It re-contexualizes the medium.  He is a PEAK...a clearing in a pool that has been muddied by Drone-y, MEDIOCRE RAP, Be-DAZZLED to DISTRACT from the DisTILLED LYRICism!!!

BEAUTIFUL BROTHER.

KEEP ON...
...SPEAK ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment