Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hmmm...



This was one of the first cds that I ever bought.



I discovered after purchasing my first cd player for myself.  The INITIAL purchase was a SONY 3-CD Changer...but it kept getting stuck.  Back it went, making my TRUE First an AWAI 1-disc.  I'd gotten 3 cds from this HMV...by chance.  Ask Rufus by RUFUS and CHAKA KAHN, LOVE SUPREME, John Coltrane and this.  I am fool for a shuffle...when it doesn't get stuck.  LUCKY ME...mine did.  I was forced to listen to each of those ...individually...absorbing every note and nuance.  I am not certain why I picked those three.  I only selections from each of the artists...however...the exhilaration I felt as their stories unfolded before me...in my bedroom...on that sunny W.Orange Day.

With every note something in me opened up...just GENIUS.  Suffice to say, like BRANDY and SWV before him...I OBSESSED!!!  Every waking moment I poured over and sung...forth and back and forth.  I am ...[drifting]

Just Listen


No comments:

Post a Comment