Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Sliver-Lined Memory

This song...Hmmm...it happened one night...just off Decatur square.  I'd hung out with my girl Silver in L5P all day.  I'd finally picked up some of the latest from MOVIN'.  THIS SONG was on a cd that'd called out to me as I we were walking up past the Bazaar.  THAT VOICE...THAT's HIM...something in the vibration felt familiar.  Daryl was happy to oblige, blessing with THE VAULT 1.5 - a remixed independent release from a then relative Unknown ERIC ROBERSON.

I wisdomed-up...and headed over to Silver's.  I may have been living with my sister at the time...probably, if I was still working at the Y...

Silver was...just that for me.  She'd wandered into my life one day when I was working at this little boutique in Decatur.  A brilliant anomaly of energy, hips, lips, and LOVE!!!  This woman/child came in like, "HEY!!!!" and challenged me to sing...I will never forget that or her.  She challenged...and continues to challenge everything I have ever grown to know about s/heART.  From that day forward we were in and around one another...finding solace and support in each other's dream and life expectations.

Anyway...we ended-up back her spot that night.  We rolled and got to giggling.  She had this cute lil' 1br...fully arted out.  I loved it and she'd provided a welcome, Kooky-Creative respite for my burgeoning spirit.  After food and probably a silly movie came the music...and ERIC ROBERSON. Something about this THUMP...that GROOVE...the sinister, dark...LOVING BEAT...caught us...and we started to dance...TOGETHER. Silver IS A DANCER...by design, LIFE, and STUDY...ME - by INSTINCT, MooD, Thump, CLUB and GROOVE.  Somehow we combined to give PILOBOLUS a GO!!!  IT WAS MAGICAL...we were so CONNECTED and it was SO SEXY...WOW...It was MAGIC.  Silver was an AMAZING dancer with a Hot-e-tot that she wound, round...up and down in a mesmerizing sway.  We literally were all up in each's other each other, complimenting each move with a lower dip, deeper turn, harder twist, quicker pose and finally coming to a close with the slow easy fade...and giggle...huffing, puffing, sweating and laughing.

IT WAS...IS ART.  Moments that let me know that ART lives in me...and is dying to get out of me.  It is moments like this and everything that followed subsequent to this...that fueled my every artful decision after that...I would soon meet the woman who was the friend of the Veronica Njoku.  I would get the job at the Fulton County Arts Council, get my own space on Boulevard Place, get Porgy n Bess, be in The Collective, LIVE, BREATHE, and BE SONG...and BE ON MY WAY.
Funny...I have very few...if any pictures of this period of my life.  I have often observed that when I am LIVING, I tak...HAVE very little time to sit around recording it...opting instead to be present in it!  Regrettably, though...sometime I miss some things. Thankfully, some impressions can never be lost.


Thank you Erro for this Silver-Lined memory.

PEACE


Hmmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment