Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hidden Treasure


So, as I made my way around the Driscoll Babcock space...caught up in the very real Euphoria caused by the images of Shaun Ross, I was given pause by a painting hanging above a desk in the back.  At first glance, it appeared to simply be a painting of 2 little brown girls.  However...a little patience allows for nuance, as I was certainly able to appreciate after catching the EFFECTs of the piece.  The longer I stood there, the more arresting and meaningful the piece became.  Again, considering the almost daily reports of young black and brown be killed.  This piece forces us to consider just what effect this has on little girls, women, girlfriends, wives, mothers, aunts, sisters, grand and Great-Grand Mothers.

Sooooooooooooo ON Point. 

 It is as SMART as it is HAUNTING and as it is TELLING!!!

Go down and Check it OUT...

No comments:

Post a Comment