Friday, November 19, 2010

From the iPhone - 14, October

This morning while folding my "fashion bounty" at the local LAVERIE I spied a young family - from Sweden, based on what I could hear of their speech - trying desperately to decipher the French hieroglyphics that pass as instructions for use of the Washer and Dryer. I could see they needed help.  As they determined just where to drop their Euro, no detergent was to be found.  Quelle Scandal!!!  I had 2 spare tablets and that had 2 loads - Seemed Obvious - so I extended my hand to the wife, just as her husband was finding his way into the FranPrix across the street.  This delighted the mother and her stroller-strapped son.  The father returned to the LAVERIE, euros saved, but with a suspicious look fixed on his mug...offering, "MERCI!?" 

"No Problem", I responded!

The joy came from the son, who following his mother's instructions said, "Bye, Bye!!!" to me while waving and flashing the most BEAUTIFUL smile!!!  He looked me in the eye and waved - his mother and father then flashing equally Brilliant Grins!  And they were off...machines on and spinning...they were out into the sun! 

Damn that felt MAGNIFIQUE!!!

Merci

No comments:

Post a Comment