Monday, January 07, 2013

And There IT Is...



I am...there are truly no words to express just how I feel about this song.

I encountered...IT randomly, while collecting and absorbing Donny Hathaway's collection. 

 [Once I got a cd player...and discovered HMV on W 72nd...IT WAS A OVER!!!  I got all the Donny Hathaway, Rufus and Chaka Kahn, Coltrane, Branford Marsalis, and any other soul I could fit into a budget of about $100.00 a month...if I was lucky.]

That said, THIS SONG...expresses EVERYTHING I feel about music and the appreciation of art and love. I am certain there are other songs of his I know the lyrics to with greater fervor, but none that I FEEL like this.  THIS is a song I would love to HONOR Hathaway with...Grand Orchestra...
lights...INCENsE...FULL...Poignant...Hmmm...

Just let the words GUIDE your Soul
...and let HIS VOICE
...THAT VOICE 
Take you!  
It SWEEPS you 
into his ELATION...
and EXALTATION.

enjoy.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment