Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bonjour Soleil

"For the first time the sun kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance I cried, 'Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks.' Thus I became a madman."
--from The Madman (1918)



BONJOUR...that is how I greeted each day I was in Paris, thankful to be there and have the opportunity to flesh-out and follow my dreams.  What I did not anticipate is the SHEDDING.  I say it was the SHEDDING of SKINS...literally that happened after developing SHINGLES...AHHH STRESS!!!  All over my body EXCEMA and flaking...itching and aching, as my TRUE SELF worked it's way OUT!  
NY requires an armor...a layer of thickness, sharpness, LOVE,  savvy, angst, even angry ones develops to negotiate and THRIVE in the city daytoday.  THAT GLORIOUS PARISIAN SUN took to BURN EVERYONE of those BURDENSOME CHINKS off my BEING!!!  MASKS, Brother Gibrhan would say.  
It is interesting to arrive at this quote today, as I realized in the midst of an ALLERGIC reaction to a VACCINE I got yesterday...AAAAAAAAAAARGH...that ALL of THIS...CRAZY...shots/angst/worry/annoyance/stress/second-guessing/doubting...I'D HAPPILY DEPARTED FROM.  I returned to get healthy, rationalizing this to be the only place I know to get a Healthy Dose of Arts, as well...while I plan for the next.  Well, Now that the PASSION has STALLED, SANITY CALLED and SHOOK ME FREE...Now, I'm On My Way!!! - MAJOR[BeNU 2020]
No need to Re-Dress...just Be Bro.  That FEAR that drove me from the city...that I...my voice...my art...my talent aren't good enough...crazy.


BONJOUR SOLEIL

B-R-E-A-T-H-E

Make a Decision and BE.

Hmmm...REALLY.



No comments:

Post a Comment