Thursday, May 30, 2013

What Can I Say...


When I think of a cd...and artist...a collection of songs that USHERED me through THE TIMES...THOSE MOMENTS that ONLY the RIGHT KINDA' VIBRATION will see you through...KEEP the FAITH is THAT cd.
I listened to it...all of the way back to Morehouse - into College Park...back and forth between the Atlanta Airport Marriot-830 Westview Drive-and Chez Kevin...lol...in JAKE!!! ;-)
[My White 3-door coupe LX-R, with the plush brown interior/AC, et BOSE sound system made sure I made through Morehouse and Back to HARLEM!!!]

I can smell my car...I see the back speakers...feeeeel myself reclining into the harmonies as they bounce off my back windows.  The air swirled about, letting the sound find its way LOVINGLY to the front.  I whisked from NYC to NJ...Morehouse...GA...Decatur..Colle' Pah' [I've earned the right to use the VERNACULAR there ;-)] and back to Harlem in HIM!!!  That sound system is the reason I have the LOVE I do for alot of the music I do LOVE.
It had a BOSE tape player, so I had to play tapes...yes, cassettes!!!!  LoL  I would mix my own.  Once I bought a cd player for my room, it was on.  I was constructing mixes for every move I made in that car.  I loved it.  This was PRE-WISDOM for me, so it was TRULY ALL NATUR...VIRGINAL!!! ;-) This...Chaka...Donny...Sam...Colonel Abrahms...JM SILK...Bob Marley...SoulIISoul...BRANDY and SWV...lol...et al BUMPED from my BOSE. 

It is this album that played that fateful drive back from Morehouse Medical Center - November 17, 1997.  As I crossed the final bridge leading to my then-residence out in College Park...KEEP THE FAITH catching the final huffing-puffs of exasperation fresh from an AWFULLY POSITIVE revelation!!!  Tears coated my throat, as I listened to and LOVEd every note coming from BOTH our SOULS that day...that moment.  KEEP THE FAITH rained down in the first of what, up to that moment and forever forward, would be MY GA Epiphonous moments.

Love Me...Faith with 112...gives me visions of the TURMAN's exit.  I would often end up there for dinner during those years.  They are friends of my Parents from WAY BACK...extended family, as I have come to appreciate.  This song...makes me think of Terri, though.  She is my sister's...was...or maybe still is, her OTHER HALF.  Those 2 were just like sisters...going out, double dating...growing post-grad in GA-together.  We are the same age...and oddly enough, she was a welcome voice of reason...as well as gossip/release from MY OWN matriculation through myself in GA!!!  I LOVE those 2...as sisters they have gotten me straight on more than one occasion.

Caramel Kisses...a silly sounding tune, that I often tried to avoid, but she SANGS it.  The vocal arrangements are LOVE.  She MILKS the end LOVINGLY!!!

This IS FAITH at her APEX...for me, although FIRST LADY showed her chops...FIERCELY!!!

Life Will Pass You By [3:30]...


Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment