Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DivOs

This meant soooooo much to ...US at the time.  I was a Sophomore at Morehouse.  By that time, my vocal chops had been proven to my brothers and now our respective ISMs were beginning to find the light.  However, we were all being schooled on Spirirtuals in the Morehouse College Glee Club.  So, here are the 2 ULTIMATE BLACK OPERA DIVAS of the TIME ...performing everything Dr. Morrow was trying to expose us to....INCREDIBLE.  Also, by this time I'd had the pleasure of singing under the baton of Robert Shaw with the ASO, so I was easily able to vibe the choir behind these 2, imagining where and what I'd be doing back there.

I also had a thing for Kathleen Battle.  While this was my first REAL exposure to the full breadth of her performing, I'd heard some recordings and found her Lyric...BELL to be PERFECTION.  From the first listen to...I was intrigued.  She, like Whitney, had this effortless Belll in her voice.  Angels...Springtime...Birds...Flowers...Beauty.
Over my head
I hear music 
in the air.
There must be
a God
Somewhere

Enjoy.

Peace
Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment