Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Just a Thought

This is supposed to be my truth, yet there are some things hidden...even from here.
I believe that is my issue.  I do not...I HAVE not been me...TRULY here.  By ME, I mean the musical ME!
I have not taken the LEAP onto the stage here...in NYC.  I have skirted around it.  I have done my fair share of concert choirs and backing situations, although with the assumed purpose of building towards solo gains.
[The thing is...I need that Backing BONE...something to plug into...support.  I have supported others, but have always been afraid I would NOT be supported if I truly showed myself to masses.
That statement flies in the face of everything I embodied before Paris.  Again, since returning...older, wiser, more frightened...I am not so certain.]

You get what you give...and I have slowly backed-away from giving confused about the results.  This includes performing.  I need to dive right in, but with my faculties.  I know that we are just supposed to roll with it...and I applaud those who can and do.  I prefer to know...the foundation.  Have a certainty from which to exact my voice.  The recent forays to the stage have been met with mixed results - positive responses from the musicians...most of them; Deafening Quiet, Giggles and Averted Glances from the Audience.  Step Back.

I want hone my craft, not sit on it.  Oddly enough, just like with everything else, I am just now deciding to do this at 43.

I need performance experience, but am either too lazy or too scared to make it happen.  Countless musicians...I have encountered.  Nothing has come of it.

I am beginning to doubt myself.  What I have purported and with regard to where I am in Life.  Am I a Singer.

Does declaring it make it so?

No...Actions Determine the Man, not the Words.

BACK to LOVE.




No comments:

Post a Comment